Thursday, September 30, 2004

Apparently a lot of "Hard Work"


My previous post, I spoke of the President's "Hard Work" quote in the debate. I did some research and found the transcript to the debate on whitehouse.gov.

I searched the page (typed in the keyboard shortcut CTRL+F) and counted Bush saying, "it's hard work" 7 times. I did another search on just, "hard work". 11 times. Whew.

So basically the murderous war we're fighting in Iraq is hard work. NO SHIT!

Here's a sample...
"Yes, we're getting the job done. It's hard work. Everybody knows it's hard work because there's a determined enemy that's trying to defeat us." - George Bush

I performed a Google search on whitehouse.gov looking for the phrase "hard work" and in the process noticed he says it everywhere else, not just in the debate.
  1. President Bush at Victory 2004 Luncheon (what victory?)
    "People long for freedom. It's not easy, though, to go from being tortured and maimed, and a society where there is mass graves, to a free society. It's hard work. It's really hard work. "
  2. President Bush Salutes Soldiers in Fort Lewis, Washington
    "This is tough work. It's hard work. It's hard work to go from a society terrorized by a tyrant to a free society."
  3. And Many More...

I like the second one. It's tough and it's hard work.

Am I going overboard? Possibly. But it's fun.

You can't disbute he said these things. I got this information fair and square from whitehouse.gov. Who better to know than the White House themselves, right? right?

Oh Good Grief! Think of something else to say, PLEASE!

Anyhoo...I'm sure we'll continue this discussion.

P.S. Bush is such an easy target. ;-(


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home